Sunday 21 April 2013

Leeds Trinity

Today I visited the new shopping centre in Leeds, the Trinity. The main entrance is from Briggate with flagships Topshop and River Island. Floor to ceiling glass fronts inviting you to spend those few left over pounds you've worked so hard for.
I can honestly say I was not disappointed. I've worked in retail development for 8 years and shop fitting in particular. I think a shop environment is key to your choice in buying an item or walking straight past something. The lighting, the fitting rooms, the visual merchandising. Given the choice and the 'fight' on the high street, a retailer has to be spot on in order to keep their customer returning. Yes, the product has to be right as does the customer service, which I'll come to in a moment, but a store has to be inviting, intriguing and to an extent entertaining. I was a happy shopper today and I will be returning. I didn't spend a fortune, but I enjoyed the experience.
I went in various shops and bought something in 5 of those. Out of the 5 I bought from, 3 of those sales advisors asked me if I'd found everything I was looking for (nothing in particular), added an extra sales question (would I like a gift card) and when the transaction was finalised, they said "Enjoy the rest of your day." And frankly, thats exactly what I did. With a smile on my face and a carrier bag in my hand, I was fulfilled.
Every woman/girl wants to enjoy shopping, or so I think anyway and to do that you need to be in the right shop, the right environment and find the right item (with help if needed - Spot on shopper).

No comments:

Post a Comment