Sunday 14 April 2013

Monochrome

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of a couple of hours at the White Rose Centre in Leeds. With only one child in tow in a pushchair to help with the bags :) I set off with the intention of buying bottoms to accompany a shirt I already own. I left £££'s later with a whole new outfit for myself plus a dress for next week and an outfit for each child! Regardless to say, my husband had the dreaded frown on my return.
Most of my purchases, even the children's, were made at River Island. Can i just say, I HEART River Island! Their monochrome trend with pops of red and cobalt is to die for. Personally cobalt blue is my favourite colour for clothing. It's my go to colour when all else fails me. I have various staples in my wardrobe in this colour, skater skirt, sleeveless shirt, I could go on. I will be mixing my blues in with the monochrome items.
My choice yesterday was cigarette pants in a black and white small polka dot fabric, which I paired with a black leather look cropped tee with chiffon back. I wore my favourite pointed stiletto shoe boots, I was good to go.
Everyone has black and white in their wardrobe, but its the fabrics and patterns and how you mix it up the makes an outfit. And of course the look and feel of confidence in whatever you're wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment